Archbishop’s House, 9 Ave. / Lobengula Street, P.O.Box 837, Bulawayo
|Latin name||Archidioecesis Bulauaiensis|
|Area||69.456 square km|
|Cathedral||of the Immaculate Conception|
The Immaculate Heart of Mary
|Archbishop|| The Most Rev. Alex Thomas
- Published on Saturday, 30 January 2016 20:48
You are free to pray this individually, in your families and communities.
- Published on Monday, 14 December 2015 10:50
The Year of Mercy began when Pope Francis opened the Holy Door of St Peter's Basilica on 8 December 2015.
In our archdiocese the Holy Door of St. Mary's Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception was opened on 13 December 2015.
If you want to know more about the Year of Mercy, see:
* the official website of the year of Mercy www.im.va
* letter of Pope Francis about the indulgence during the Year of Mercy
The prayer for the Year of Mercy in the Archdiocese of Bulawayo as agreed in the AGM of Priests and of the laity:
- Published on Saturday, 12 December 2015 10:28
The English Liturgical Guides for 2016 are now available at Bishop's House for $1 a copy.
Priests kindly make this available in your parish/mission for the benefit of the faithful.
Also available are:
- Calendar for 2016 for $1 by Emthonjeni Pastoral Centre.
- Pastoral Letter of ZCBC: A Call for Practical Action to Protect the Environment and Promote Food Security (English, Ndebele and Shona) for $1.
- Published on Monday, 01 February 2016 11:10
Dear Priests, Deacons, Religious and the Faithful of the Archdiocese of Bulawayo,
“Let us not waste this season of Lent, so favourable a time for conversion!” This is what Pope Francis has urged Catholics all over the world for this Year of Mercy. The same sentiment we will hear on Ash Wednesday for the second reading where St. Paul says; “Behold, now is the acceptable time; behold, now is the day of salvation” (2Cor 6:2).
- Published on Wednesday, 16 December 2015 08:47
Year of Mercy
Theme: Be merciful like the Heavenly Father (Luke 6:36)
- pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet daily
- practise reconciliation and forgiveness
- attend at least one pilgrimage
- do Works of Mercy
- say Confession once a month
- avoid judging others
- enter through the Holy door for prayer
- Published on Wednesday, 27 January 2016 14:26
In the Bull of Indiction of the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy, I asked that the season of Lent in this Jubilee Year be lived more intensely as a privileged moment to celebrate and experience God’s mercy.
- Published on Thursday, 14 January 2016 08:39
The Pope began a new cycle of catechesis dedicated to mercy from a Biblical perspective, to foster an understanding of what mercy is through listening to what God Himself teaches us with His Word.